Call for abstracts
Abstracts are invited for presentation at IBS 2022. All abstracts must be written and presented in English, the official language of the symposium, addressing one of the following themes:
- Bioleaching of metals from low grade ores and concentrates
- Biotechnical pre-treatment of ores and concentrates
- Biomining of wastes, industrial ecology and circular economy
- Biotechnical treatment and resource recovery from mine and process waters
- Biostabilisation, bioremediation and ecological restoration
- Biomining microbiology, molecular biology, systems biology and synthetic biology
- Biological mineral formation and minerals exploration, biogeochemistry, and biosensors
- Biofouling, bioclogging and biocorrosion in mining industry
Short abstracts of 200-300 words should be prepared using the template provided via the link below, saved in Word format with file name of “IBS2022-abstract-family name” and emailed with email subject “IBS2022-abstract-family name” to email@example.com. Please ensure that your abstracts do not contain figures, references, tables or equations. Abstract submissions have now closed for oral presentations, but abstracts can still be submitted for poster presentations until 30 June 2022.
When submitting your abstract, please specify under which of the above mentioned thematic areas the abstract fits, who would be the presenting author and preference for oral or poster presentation.
We aim to notify authors of abstract acceptance as soon as the review by the IBS International Scientific Committee and Local Organising Committee has been completed.
An electronic book of abstracts will be made available for registered delegates.